Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Idaho Falls Temple. James and I' sealing on November 5th 2011

I just thought I would post some picture of the day we got sealed. It was amazing to see how many people came! :D I was so worried all week long for this day to come, and then it came..... I was so at peace the second it began, which really is an amazing thing for me! I am such a worry wart and James has helped me get over this fear.... although it is not even close to being diminished I have made a little dent in trying to not be this way. The temple has simply blessed me :D
For some silly reason all I have been worrying about is what my kids will think when they see their parents pictures. Will they wonder for one why mommy has a strapless dress in some pictures, and then in the pictures in the temple she looks different? Will it be hard for me to explain to them that mommy and daddy were at different times in their life? That now we understant, and will they understand? All of these things have crossed my mind, and although I am worried about it, I have no doubt that they will not understand. I know that they will! If anything I think I will have an advantage to it all, because I have experienced going through hard trails, and also experience the wonderful blessings of the temple. I hope that when I have kids I am able to guide them to the right path, and to teach them what I know to be true. :D

I was amazed at all the people who came to support me :D It was great to be able to hug all of my friends, and my mom and Kevin. They were a great help throughout it :) It is interesting to look through this photo and see each persons face, and know exactly how they helped me get where I am today. I am excited to tell my kids just what each person means to me! <3


I do not think I will ever be able to say enough about my amazing husband..... He is simply an amazing man. I know he does not realize it yet... but I cannot wait until we start having kids, he is going to be an amazing daddy!

 As I said before, I have been worrying about how I will explain everything to my kids. It is odd the way that I feel about things, but I feel like James and I have grown together in way that I never thought possible. I honestly look back and wonder how we ever made it without the blessings that we now have. It made me sad to think that my little girls could not wear my wedding dress when they get married so I sat and thought long and hard on that one. My conclusion was that I will make all of my kids blessing dresses out of my wedding dress. :D I love this idea, and cannot wait for that day to come.
 James and I want kids so stinking bad... well ok maybe I do more, but you know what I mean :D I have been really nervous about trying to have kids again, ya know after what happened last time. I really just do not want to go through that hurt ever again.. but I know the lord will bless us both, and when the time is right we will be blessed with a baby. Even though I know this to be true.... I still cannot wait <3 :-D
 It was stinkin cold that day, and not only James and I thought we were going to freeze, but so did our photographer. It was my cousin Annie who took our photos, and I have to say she did a lovely job! Thanks Annie :D

"It is in the home that our behavior is most significant. It is the place where our actions have the greatest impact, for good or ill. Sometimes we are so much at home that we no longer guard our words. We forget simple civility. If we are not on guard, we can fall into the habit of criticizing one another, losing our tempers, or behaving selfishly. Because they love us, our spouses and children may be quick to forgive, but they often carry away in silence unseen injuries and unspoken heartache... When we feel anger or contention in our homes, we should immediately recognize what power has taken control of our lives and what Satan is endeavoring to accomplish. Solomon provided us this wise formula: 'A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger' (Prov. 15:1). Our home should ideally be a refuge where each member feels safe, secure, loved, and insulated from harsh criticism and contention that we so often encounter in the world."
--Elder Wayne S. Peterson, "Our Actions Determine Our Character," Ensign, Nov. 2001, 84

"The heart is a tender place. It is sensitive to many influences, both positive and negative. It can be hurt by others. It can be deadened by sin. It can be softened by love. Early in our lives, we learn to guard our hearts. It is like we erect a fence around our hearts with a gate in it. No one can enter that gate unless we allow him or her to."
--Gerald N. Lund, "Opening Our Hearts", Ensign, May 2008, 32–34
I love my life, and my family. I am so greatful for the eternal promises that I know to be true. I am so thankful for James and the oppurtunity I have been given to find such a kind loving man. We began this Journey not really knowing where we might end up... and now look at us! This is our first major step in the right direction and we could not be happier with our decision. Call us crazy or what ever you want to call us... but this is love... and this is life. I know with all my heart that the church is true and that the lord will bless us, if we accept him. I am so excited to see what time brings, and to see what our next major step will be. But always I know we will be hand in hand together for time and all eternity <3

No comments:

Post a Comment